Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sensationally Savvy Advice-Digital Story "Final Draft"

Ok, so here it is the final copy of my digital story. My students wrote letters of advice that they would give to my upcoming second grade students. The first time around I had some difficulties getting a clear picture of my digital story when using my SMARTboard. To correct this problem I tried uploading my story in 1080p format, however the Blogger program wouldn't accept it. I then tried uploading my story in 720p format and again I was unable to do so, I was again rejected by Blogger. I have concluded that the Blogger could not upload these formats because they were too large. So I settled on uploading my digital story in 1080p format to YouTube and then embedding the video into Blogger. My video quality improved greatly but the process took much longer. It took about an hour to upload to YouTube. My hope is that the video quality will improve when viewed on a larger screen, like when using my SMARTboard. 

Needless to say, the experience of creating a digital story was fun and very engaging for my students. Viewing the video gave my students a meaningful way to reflect on the school year, as well. I look forward to using the digital story in the Fall with my upcoming Second Grade Students. I believe the students will be receptive to getting some advice from their peers!

Take a look see at the "Fantastical" Second Grade Advice that my savvy students created.




P.S. Friendly letter writing is a second grade skill that students are expected to master, in my district. Here is a clip of the song I taught my students early on in the year and I used it to review the parts of a letter. This little tune continues to help my students remember the parts of a friendly letter. I predict they will use it to help them write a friendly letter in the future.

1 comment:

  1. When uploading to YouTube, go for the best resolution possible. The upload time can also vary with the speed of your Internet access and how busy YouTube is with uploads at any given time. Sometimes, the process goes quite quickly. If the video is long, it will naturally take longer, so be patient. If you upload at a low resolution, the quality of the playback will likely be grainy. Going with 1080 format is standard, for now.

    ReplyDelete