Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Teacher's Paradise

“School’s Out for Summer!” Well almost, I suggest at some point this summer you take a journey through the TeachingOasis it is a fantastic teacher resource that includes activities and resources for all of the curricular domains, all developed and created by Jessica Winston-Saunders. It includes readily accessible, FREE resources and activities for Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. In addition the site includes Monthly Ideas. For example, just last month I printed some May task cards for a center and for math I printed a fun fractions memory game that I used for my students during guided math. As you swim through the paradise known as the Teaching Oasis you will also find a Resource page with “extras” like reading labels, parent communication logs, classroom awards, and MORE. When you dive even deeper into the site you can also find Ms.Winston’s Blog. On her blog she shares her long-range plans, upcoming end of the year activities and MORE. For example, YouBe The Teacher, Student Created Lesson Plans for students to create a lesson to teach the class. She also includes great links to resources she personally uses. The Flip Flap Template set is great to use for Interactive Notebooks.

I give this site 4 Stars. I hope you too can find a useful way to use this site. Are there others that you can recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Teaching Oasis! What a great resource! I will definitely be going on this site for some activities and worksheets in the future. I only looked around the site for a few minutes and already found some great partner reading question cards and a steps retelling worksheet that would be wonderful for my students. Is the monthly ideas posted on the site or emailed to followers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you shared this!! I visited the site and the language arts resources are wonderful! And best of all--they're free. I especially liked the comprehension stems and the "think marks" with the codes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete