Monday, May 19, 2014

YouTube For Schools

YouTube is launching a new tool to help teachers and students with their teaching and learning.  Some schools block access to YouTube because the content can be risky.  YouTube has answered the request of teachers across the country with YouTube EDU.  Now schools can have access to the educational benefits of YouTube without the worry of inappropriate content.  


Here are some ways I've been using educational YouTube videos in my classroom:

I used this video when teaching my students two digit addition and subtraction.




I used this video to teach my students how they can use a number line to add and subtract.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about You Tube EDU! I also use many different You Tube videos to support learning in my classroom. My district has a filter that restricts some excellent learning content so I am excited to explore You Tube EDU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the hundreds board video. I have students that would really benefit from that! Thanks for sharing! It also made me want to explore Youtube EDU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love the design and layout of your blog, I also love the content! I like how you shared the math videos and how you used them in your classroom. I have used YouTube before, but it does take a lot of sifting through videos to make sure the quality and content of them are appropriate for 5th graders. Next year I am trying to implement a Math Workshop and would love to use videos and demonstrations for a reteaching center. You Tube EDU seems like a great resource for that. Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete