Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SMART Exchange

Have you ever heard of SMART Exchange? If you have an interactive whiteboard, SMART Exchange may become your new favorite teaching tool.

SMART Exchange is an online community that has a variety of high-quality, peer-reviewed digital content you can use with your classroom technology. Their are thousands of resources including standards-correlated lessons for SMART Notebook collaborative learning software, question sets for SMART Response interactive response systems, links and other multimedia content. You can search for and browse content quickly and easily by subject, grade, curriculum, media type and popularity, as well as filter results according to the SMART products you have in your classroom.
In my classroom, I used this SMART Exchange lesson to supplement my teaching about analogies. This lesson provided my students with the opportunity to review different analogy relationships in a fun interactive way! 

 As you can see you can search just about any subject area by typing your topic in the search engine. A variety of options will appear and you have the opportunity to preview each item prior to downloading them to your computer. Most items are free of charge! Students are even challenged to show their work many different ways.

Possibilities are endless with SMART Exchange! Writing lessons are even directly connected to Common Core State Standards. This lesson is geared toward Grade 2 but once a lesson is downloaded you can edit it to make it your own. Creating additional slides for reteaching and practice is a piece of cake.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! This seems like a great resource, and engaging teaching tool. You have shared a few ways to use this that I feel would be effective at any grade level. Providing concrete visuals and using technology to make the students part of the lesson are great ways to strengthen students' interest and understanding, I am disappointed though because I do not have a SMART board in my room, and actually I think there is only one in our school. My friends who teacher in other districts both have one, so I will be passing this information on to them. Thank you for sharing, and might I add that I am impressed with your second graders learning analogies!

    ReplyDelete